The cannabis industry lives and dies by it’s marketing. With larger MSO’s coming into the game, a lot of smaller shops are getting squeezed dry.
With limited online marketing options, we want to shed light on some options you may or may not have know about. Let’s compare some of the top Cannabis POS Systems.
What is WeedMart?
This is our new favorite option for established and up and coming cannabis dispensaries.
WeedMart is a new name in the cannabis space among both consumers and dispensary owners. For customers shopping for cannabis, WeedMart offers an enormous advantage for dispensaries from coast to coast. People on a search for weed can now shop your online store, view your offerings, and pay for their cannabis products on your website placing an order online for either in-store pickup or local delivery all from the dispensary’s website or mobile app.
For dispensary owners, however, WeedMart is an even bigger partner to have in your corner.
- Point-of-sale systems for in-dispensary use that are integrated to the website and synchronize your stores product availability.
- Customizable e-commerce website designed for conversions.
- Compliant Credit Card / Debit Card payment solutions for cannabis that work both online & in-store.
- Technology solutions to simplify business operations.
WeedMart vs Other Platforms
WeedMart vs Weedmaps
Weedmaps is one of the most-used dispensary directories and cannabis information sites. Therefore, it is a viable competitor compared to WeedMart in that regard. While basic listings start out on Weedmaps at around $400, but prices go up profoundly from there with the average dispensary spending between $1500-$2000 per month to take advantage of most of the features, And Weedmaps is notorious for not syncing properly with POS systems in use
- Pricing: $400-$2000+ per month per location.
- Support: Both WeedMart & Weedmaps have support people who can be reached by phone, email & live chat. Here’s Weedmaps.
- Loyalty/Rewards: Weedmaps owns Sprout for its Loyalty & Rewards whereas WeedMart built its own for its platform.
- Advertising/Marketing Capabilities: In competitive locations,
- Weedmaps’ advertising opportunities are cost prohibitive choice whereas digital marketing opportunities are deeply integrated into WeedMart Infrastructure.
- SEO Value: With WeedMart your site is your own and is indexed by the search engines as such so products & information about your dispensary is searchable on Google, without pushing traffic to a marketplace to be captured by your competitor. Weedmart wins this one.
The bottom line is WeedMart is a better dispensary solution all around, but Weedmaps boasts a large audience to advertise in clouded markets.
WeedMart vs Leafly
One of the main perks of Leafly is its huge user base. And Leafly does offer a lot of marketing tools. However, while they excel in attracting users to their own site, Leafly’s embedded menu functionality falls short of the competition when it comes to iFrame and embedding capabilities & user experience.
Plus, a lot of users complain about Leafly’s costs which can get pretty crazy—as much as $3,000+ per month. If you intend to make use of all the advertising tools on Leafly.
- Pricing: As a menu & ecommerce provider, Leafly is very expensive in comparison to WeedMart.
- Support: Leafly has an in-depth FAQ page, but WeedMart looks to be more responsive to support needs.
- Loyalty/Rewards: Leafly will likely not integrate with reward & loyalty software as cleanly as WeedMart.
- Advertising/Marketing Capabilities: The sheer reach of Leafly can make it a great platform to reach new cannabis consumers.
- SEO Value: With WeedMart your site is your own and is indexed by the search engines as such so products & information about your dispensary is searchable on Google, without pushing traffic to a marketplace to be captured by your competitor. WeedMart wins this one. WeedMart wins this one, again.
The bottom line is WeedMart is a better ecommerce and cannabis ERP
platform but like Weedmaps, has unique value for advertising products and
WeedMart vs Jane
Jane could be deemed as WeedMart’s main competitor. While Weedmaps and Leafly have been around for longer than both WeedMart and Jane, WeedMart and Jane get higher marks when it comes to their online menus’ ease of use, appearance, and cost. The main downfall of Jane is that it doesn’t attract nearly the same amount of web traffic as WeedMart.
WeedMart is more invested in acquiring software solutions that complement its online menu platform.
- Pricing: Jane does not offer and pricing information online.
- Support: Both platforms have comparable customer support features. Learn about Jane’s.
- Loyalty/Rewards: Jane integrates with nearly all the leading dispensary software systems. However, Weedmart has its own system baked in.
- Advertising/Marketing Capabilities: While Jane is a marketplace, WeedMart is not and instead provides dispensaries with their own unique storefront which gives WeedMart the edge for its SEO value.
- SEO Value: Jane’s menus are not indexable. Since WeedMart provides dispensaries with their own fully functional ecommerce site the dispensaries sites are able to be crawled, indexed and ranked therefore WeedMart wins this one.
The bottom line is While Jane is one of the leading menu providers for dispensaries across the US, WeedMart provides independence to dispensaries from the marketplaces by providing dispensaries with their own ecommerce platform & it’s integrated dispensary management software for a fraction of the cost of its competitors which makes it a more appealing option for dispensaries to grow & scale their business with.
WeedMart vs Dispense
Dispense is a relatively new name but offers dispensary software that can be somewhat customized for dispensary brands. The software integrates with most POS systems and supports online ordering but pay in person.
- Pricing: $500-$1000/mo/store
- Support: Dispense available integrations are impressive for a smaller company.
- Loyalty/Rewards: Dispense integrates with Alpine and Springbig for loyalty.
- Advertising/Marketing Capabilities: WeedMart’s solution empowers dispensaries to garner their own web traffic & allows for a curated reach.
- SEO Value: Dispense menus are iFrame’d which hurts retailers and is frowned upon by the search engines, and therefore enable. Dispense to rank for organic search results for your store under their brand not yours. Whereas WeedMart Ecommerce solution enables dispensaries to organically rank for their terms using their own website and build their own traffic not the providers which is an enormous Win for WeedMart. WeedMart also auto sets schema and structured data, allowing dispensaries to beef up their SEO strategy and provide in-depth GA4 + GTM integrations.
The bottom line is WeedMart is an appealing ecommerce platform because it allows you to track first-party consumer data (unlike Dispense) & inherently has SEO value.